There are tons of yoga retreats this year – Luxury Rejuvination in Sri Lanka and Relaxing Exploration in Bhutan. And we know that you’re all excited just like us! But before anything else, you need to pack and prepare your things first, keeping in mind to bring only the necessary.
While there maybe a lot of complicated things that you’d want to bring, take note to not over-pack and under-pack your luggage. What if you forgot to bring something? You can’t go back especially if you’re out of the country.
Just imagine being at the retreat area already, then suddenly realizing, “did I even bring my Pajamas?”. You don’t want that to happen, and so are we. That’s why we’ve rounded up the 5 things to bring on a yoga retreat getaway.
- Yoga Mats and Yoga necessities – mostly, yoga retreats doesn’t cover the yoga mats. If you don’t have one, a perfect recommendation is the Madana Yoga mats that are currently on SALE! Perfect for an adventurer yogi. But also, don’t forget to bring yoga pants and trousers to easily follow the yoga and meditation activities.
- Clothes and shoes – remember to bring a number of comfortable clothing, which depends on how long the retreat is. If possible, bring comfortable walking shoes, cardigans, and a traveler’s hat. Depending on the itinerary, you can also bring your bathing suits so that you can participate in water activities and have a dip at the hotel’s swimming area.
- Light & healthy snacks – it is unavoidable that you’ll get hungry on a trip. Thus, it is good to pack light but healthy snacks along the way, like the Kirei Charge bars! You’ll thank yourself later.
- Sunscreen and Insect Repellant – though it may vary from itineraries to itineraries, you should be protected from the sun and insects. Thus, keeping a handy dandy bottle of insect repellant and sunscreen in your bag is a must. For your face, we recommend a light sunscreen powder from orbis. The new Orbis Sunscreen Powder Shiny Glow, get it for a limited time only!
- Journal and pen – since you’ll be filling yourself with motivation, it is a great idea to jot them down and all the thoughts that you have in the retreat. So when you go back to your place, you can keep it as a inspirational book.
What you should never ever forget:
- Toiletries (tampons, napkins, tissue, etc.)
- Credit card and Cash
- Identification cards
- Passports & plane tickets
- Cameras and Smart phones & chargers
- Necessary clothing (undies, bras, socks, pajamas, etc.)
What you shouldn’t bring:
- Expensive & fashionable clothing and Jewelries
- High heels
Keep in mind that less is good. Of course, we have reasons as to why we wanted to attend yoga retreats, however one is to relieve from a lot of stressors in your everyday busy life. If you bring a lot of clutter with you, chances are, you’ll get distracted and will have a hard time optimizing your stay at the yoga retreat house or hotel. Thus, following this list may help de-clutter your suitcase. So enjoy your yoga retreat and stay beautiful!
Pro tip: Book your yoga retreats super early to avail for an extremely high discount! Check it out and thank me later. 🙂