Give your Matcha cravings a twist with these yummy and gluten-free Matcha Cheesecake slices. Perfect for desserts and even for breakfast! Packed with antioxidants and energizers to fill you up. So if you are ready, give this recipe a go!
If you are fond of anything Matcha flavored or if you just like the colour green, then this is for you. Topped with sliced strawberry, Matcha Cheescake has that refreshing hint of mint that is guilt-free and healthy as well. Read on as Breakfast Criminals shares their recipe in making a delectable Matcha Treat. See our infographics below and read on for the recipe.
Matcha “Cheesecake” Slices Recipe
- 1/2 cup raw almonds (optional: soak them overnight in filtered water to make them more digestible)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut or 3 tbs coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt
1 cup of chopped strawberries according to the desired size
Matcha Filling Ingredients:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey or other sweetener of choice (brown rice syrup is great)
- 1 stem of mint, leaves only
- 2 tbs. powdered matcha
- 1 packet of Aloha Daily Good Greens
- Add all base ingredients into a food processor and process until combined well.
- Line a loaf pan with cling film.
- Spread the mixture into the pan evenly using spatula until the base is even.
- Put into the freezer to set while you make the matcha layer.
- Process or blend all filling ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth
- and creamy.
- Pull the base out of the freezer and fill with the matcha cream layer.
- Put back into the freezer for two hours to set.
- Pull out and cut into slices. Serve frozen or defrosted for 15 minutes, decorated with fresh strawberries. Keep in the freezer for up to two weeks.
This recipe was originally posted on Breakfast Criminals