Did we told you that matcha and cacao goes well with each other? If no, then here it is! Tada! Perfectly delicious and healthy, these attractive snacks will certainly get you addicted to matcha without feeling guilty. Yay! Combining the sweet taste of cacao with the kick of matcha’s rich taste, this is an unforgettable indulgence that you should try out.
Why should you indulge in Matcha? Not only because it provides antioxidants, fiber, and amino acids, but because it can calm your mind, detoxify your body, and boost metabolism. Yep, all those benefits in this green powder!
When combined with the magical moringa leaf, heavenly raw cacao, dessicated coconut, sesame seeds and cashew butter, matcha makes absolutely heavenly bliss balls, or matcha morginaroons. It’s the perfect healthy, nutritious, indulgent dessert that can double as a satisfying midday snacks. Greens and chocolate… truly a nutritional match made in heaven.
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon Moringa powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon matcha
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Optional cacao crunch: 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- pinch of sea salt
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter (any nut or seed butter will do)
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Optional cacao layer:
- 2 tablespoons Cacao powder
- Mix all dry ingredients (except cacao magic) in a bowl.
- Add in wet ingredients, mix well until the texture is even.
- Now, you have two choices: (1) You can either press the mixture into an ice cube tray (fun shapes, like stars, are the best!) and freeze for 2 hours. After that, your moringaroons are ready to be indulged. Remember to keep them in the fridge. (2) Shape the mixture into balls, then roll them in cacao magic and cacao nibs for an indulgently healthy chocolate touch. Freeze for 2 hours, then keep in a tight container in the fridge.
If you want to give a try to the original moringaroons, try this easy peasy recipe, courtesy of More Moringa.
Some of our matcha series that you might like:
This recipe was originally posted on Breakfast Criminals